Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Monday 6 December 2010

Almost one year to go...

In precisely one year & four days I shall be walking up the aisle to become a 'Mrs'! 
I have very mixed feelings about everything to do with the day, and I mean everything, at the moment. The one thing I am certain of is that hubbytobe is the man for me and I consider myself ridiculously lucky to be marrying him! It's just everything else...
We got engaged on June 22nd this year and immediately set about planning our special day. I always assumed the guy would be 'Oh you decide everything and let me know when I need to turn up' so it's truly been a lovely experience deciding and planning everything together. We'd talked about getting married before he popped the question so a lot of things were quickly decided...

Date...a romantic winter wedding so sometime in December (10th)
Venue...the Church where h2b was christened 
Theme...black & white with silver stars

With almost a year to go pretty much everything is sorted...

Venue...booked
Reception...booked
Transport...booked
Dress...purchased! It's beautiful...more nearer the time ; )
Bridesmaid dresses...got
Stationery...hand designed & created...by moi! I'm very proud of these!
Suits...decided on just need booking
DJ...booked
Photographer...booked
Yet I still go through moments of sheer panic about whether I've forgotten something! Crazy and ridiculous, I know, but I still can't talk myself out of it sometimes...is this normal? I have notebooks of lists and notebooks of lists of lists and notebooks of confirmed lists of lists of lists, terrified I'll forget some important detail.

I just want our day to be perfect & our guests to have a great time!
Love & sparkles xx 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment