Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Thursday 9 February 2012

The BIG day - Part Four...

And so to the evening...

Our guests began arriving just after 7pm - it was great to see some of my work colleagues - I'd requested a transfer to Coventry as that was where hubs & I would be living after the wedding but expected it all to happen in the New Year - I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to take on a manager that was going to be off for a good part of December. However, that wasn't to be, I was told on the Monday that I would be leaving on the Friday two weeks before the big day and so I hadn't seen some of my staff to say goodbye to as they'd been on holiday.

This was probably the first time all day I relaxed properly & enjoyed myself...all day long I'd been worrying about what everyone thought of the food, whether they were having a good time or not. After all the worrying about our first dance - should we do a routine? should we just shuffle? should we do a group dance? - even that didn't bother me & I think we both actually quite enjoyed it, although by the end of it Oli had sacked my chief bridesmaid lol!





 We'd agreed with my chief bridesmaid, Princess Kate, beforehand, that after about a minute she would get everyone on the dancefloor with us. A minute came and went and we were still the only ones on the dancefloor - I think Oli's probably whispering in my ear something like 'where the hell is she - she's so sacked after this!' LOL

I love how happy hubs looks in this photo!

We'd been to a couple of weddings of friends where they'd had sweetie buffets and with Oli being the world's biggest fan of Haribo - which reminds me I need to renew his fanclub membership ; ) - it only seemed right for us to have one too. So I set about creating 'Mr & Mrs Crofts' Candy Store'...






I didn't really see anyone eating them so was worried we'd gone a bit OTT with the amount of sweets, however, it was clear the day after when Oli's mum had condensed them down into just two jars that they'd gone down a treat! : )

The highlight of the evening though has got to be our 'Rave' with glo-sticks - it's such a shame Andy had left by then because a photo of Oli's mum going for it on the dancefloor with his godfather & their glo-sticks would have been priceless!
Music (that and rugby!) is the one thing we don't agree on, the only thing we both like is old cheesy 80's pop which is what most of the evening was thanks to my cousin Paul : ) However, Oli loves his dance music so we agreed to a 45 minute rave at 10pm lol!
My favourite comment of the whole day came from Stuart who, decked out in glo-sticks, took my hand and said 'Kirst, this was the best idea, ever! I haven't danced like this for 15 years!' - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

By 11:30pm both Oli & I were seriously flagging - although it's the shortest day ever in terms of it flying by, it's also the longest day ever with so much going on non-stop. We decided to bid goodnight to our guests and head off to our honeymoon suite - all the while still chatting to each other about how mad, surreal, crazy but bloody awesome the day had been!

: ) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment