Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Wednesday 8 February 2012

The BIG day - Part Two....

As I said in the first part, the actual ceremony passed me by in a complete blur, and I remember very little of it. I think it was a mixture of nerves, a bit of 'oh my god this is surreal', a lot of 'someone actually wants to marry little old me, not wants to but is actually doing so' and a hell of a lot of 'crikey I love this man! So bloody much!' ; )

What I do remember is seeing Oli for the first time stood at the altar and thinking 'you look so gorgeous & I'm so lucky to be sharing the rest of my life with you' and thinking how nervous he looked but at the same time the biggest grin ever!
I also remember his lip beginning to go when he was saying his vows and me saying under my breath 'don't you dare!' : ) - I was trying my hardest to hold it all together and not cry buckets myself so if he was going to start there would be no stopping me!
I also remember signing the register - three times (I thought there was just one!) and saying to the vicar 'ooh I feel like a celeb at their book signing' cringe!! Why do I do it?? Lol!


Apart from that I remember little else which is why I'm just going to share a few photos from the ceremony, taken by the fabulous Andy at B72 Imaging.

I love how relaxed we look on this pic - inside I was doing cartwheels!






Signed, sealed, delivered...I'm yours. Forever & ever & ever : )



After the ceremony there were the obligatory photos, family, friends & group shots - more of those later! Oli & I then went off with Andy for a few photos on our own before returning to the hotel in our campervan as husband & wife. Have to say, I enjoyed the long way round a whole lot more on the way back - it was so nice to just be the two of us, catch our breath and chill with a glass of bubbly for fifteen minutes. I also took this time to change my necklace - a custom made silver sparkly 'Mrs Crofts' from Tatty Divine!



We arrived back at the hotel to a warm welcome from our guests and more bubbly - at this point I was still feeling a bit worse for wear from the night before & I couldn't stomach anymore alcohol for the time being. In hindsight I should have just knocked it back - I don't think I had a proper drink & finished one until much later on in the day!

I loved being announced to the room as Mr & Mrs Crofts, the nerves kicked in again shortly after we sat down, more for Oli than anything else - I knew how worried he was about doing his speech and getting it right in front of all of our friends & family. He needn't have worried at all, it was perfect. And yep, there would have been tears on my part if I had taken my eyes off him. If I'd have caught someone else's eye I'd have gone. He didn't let me down.





We chose to do the speeches before the meal, mainly because we'd heard so many stories of poor groom's that hadn't eaten a thing and not enjoyed the meal part of the day because they'd been so worried about their speech. I wanted Oli to relax & enjoy the day too and it was a relief for everyone to get them done first I think.

I loved everyone's reaction to our wedding breakfast too! It was just that - a breakfast - a traditional full English breakfast! And all credit to my husband for that one - it came about by accident really, he'd heard lots of people talking about the wedding breakfast and assumed it was what he ate with the lads getting ready in the morning. When I explained what it actually was  he went quiet for a bit and then said 'Wouldn't it be good to have an actual breakfast though?'  To which I agreed, I thought it was a fab idea and just what everyone needed after being out in the cold.

So, we and our guests were treated to rounds of toast & butter and a full English breakfast...NOM!! And I'll leave you with that...





Until next time! Mrs C xx



No comments:

Post a Comment