Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Thursday 9 February 2012

The BIG day - Part Three...






After our 'breakfast' we had a mingle with guests - it was so lovely to have that time to catch up with friends & family that we don't see often enough...you know who you are! : )

Andy then whisked us off for more photos - this was where we had a bit of fun with the piccies and had a few 'different' ones done. I'm a huge fan of Starbucks and especially their gingerbread latte at Christmas. I'd let this slip during the day & Andy said 'right I'm taking you into starbucks for a few photos!' Needless to say we got a few funny looks but after a few seconds you'd think it was normal for two people to be sat in there in their full on wedding attire!
Have to admit, the service in there wasn't great - Oli went to the counter to order & the guy serving him said 'These should be free as it's your wedding day' - umm we still had to pay!

Here's a couple of my favourites from Starbucks...






I know these aren't to everyone's taste but I love that they're a little bit different & a little bit quirky but very 'us'.

Because we had a bit of a rugby theme running through the day - the pew ends on my side of the church were done in Northampton Saints colours & the pew ends on hubby's side were done in Leicester Tigers colours, our guests got little bags of confetti in the same colours, the little cake topper people we had made were in a Tigers shirt & a Saints scarf (you get the idea!) the guys thought a few 'rugby' photos would be good.
A few ideas were bandied around - a lineout where the boys picked up Oli & the girls picked up me (I had visions of being too heavy & being dropped on my face lol) so I settled on a 'scrum' photo which I have to say is now one of my firm favourites from the day...


Love these! And the amount of detail is amazing - huge thank you to Cheryl at Artlocke Designs for creating these for us - they now have pride of place on our bookcase in the lounge : )  


 As it got dark Andy then took us back into town for some photos outside at night with all the twinkly Christmas lights and Kenilworth Castle gates as a backdrop...




I'm really grateful to Andy for taking us off again as it gave us another chance to be together & catch up on the day so far - it's so bizarre that the day is about the two of you but you hardly see each other until it's all over!

We then headed back to the hotel to greet our evening guests and get the party started! I'll leave you with this image...

No comments:

Post a Comment