Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Sunday 27 February 2011

Saints v Tigers...marriage made in heaven?!

Now all the 'big' stuff is sorted for our special day I've turned my attention to the detail and have started to think about what else we can do or include that our guests will look at and go "that is so those two!"

For the last couple of weeks I've been scouring the wedding blogs and magazines for something that is "so us". And I've found it!
 (Photo from rockmywedding.com)

I fell in love with this idea as soon as I saw it! Now, our theme is black & white & silver stars so I was umming and ahhing about whether to stick to those colours or do something completely different. For a few days I've been thinking, "What colours mean something to us?"

And then it came to me, in a lightbulb moment, at 3:45am today!

H2B and I are both mad about rugby, him - Leicester Tigers, me - Northampton Saints which often leads to a bit of banter at weekends so...
The 'LOVE' letters on my side are going to be green & gold, alternated with black organza bows and a 'Saints' badge in the centre and on his side they're going to be red & green alternated with white organza bows and a 'Tigers' badge in the centre!

And the best bit of all...H2B loves the idea! : )

I love this photo too...
 (Photo from rockmywedding.com)

I have visions of us holding the green & gold - me smiling & him pulling a face and then vice versa lol! I love that we get to include our love of rugby in our big day, we're not ridiculously serious people so I want an element of fun to our day, and I'm hoping this will amuse our guests too. Mother-in-law thinks we should support the same team once we're married but I'm more than happy for the banter to continue! ; )

Saints v Tigers? Might not be a marriage made in heaven but it'll be one full of laughs and that suits me great! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment