Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Time for an update...

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated you all with wedding things so thought it about time I did so...

We've actually sorted out quite a lot of things over the last couple of weeks and I really feel like all of our hard work is starting to pay off and come together!

We went to our marriage preparation session on Saturday 12th Feb at the church where we will be getting married. I wasn't quite sure what to expect and how much use it would be to us but it was nice to meet all of the other couples that are getting married this year too.
It involved a few 'workshop' sessions around what we expect from marriage, how well we know each other and how we would deal with difficult situations that might arise in the future. A lot of these were quite timely for me and hubbytobe as he's coming up to the end of his final year at uni and starting to apply for jobs so things are going to be changing quite dramatically in a few months time so it was good to talk about those bits.
We also got to meet the lady that organises the flower displays and discussed some of our ideas with her. They also played a cd of some of the music we might like to choose for my entrance etc...the traditional bridal march made me cry so I think I'm sold already!
I feel we're closer than ever as a couple at the moment and soppy as it sounds, I really can't wait to become his wife.


I've also finalised the details and placed the order for my flowergirl Daisy's dress. I'm not sure who's more excited about it...me or Daisy?! ; )
Kate bought her into work to see me the other day and the conversation went...
Daisy: "Kirsty...when are you getting married?"
Me: "Not for a while yet Dais, we've got to wait until December! Would you like to see a picture of your dress, wings & wand?"
Daisy: (very excitedly nods)
so I show her all of the photos on my iphone of her fairy dress and accessories
Daisy: "Would I be able to keep my wand?"
at this point I melt as she's asked so politely and when I tell her she can keep all of it after the wedding she grins, puts her arms by her sides and shakes while going "ooohhh" lol hilarious! We have one VERY excited little flowergirl...she even told her mum the other night she was almost as excited about going to Disneyland as she was about our wedding!


We've also booked an appointment for the boys to try on their suits and order those...I can't wait for this I'm so looking forward to seeing them all dressed up...more tears from me I expect - I'm turning into a sentimental blubbing mess lately, there'll be no hope for me on the actual day!

We've started to think about hymns & readings and what we want in our wedding ceremony...both being rugby fans we're hoping the organist can play the 'World in Union' rugby world cup theme as we sign the register, I love this piece of music it always gives me goosebumps and brings a tear to my eye. The first dance song still evades us though : ( I think we have an official shortlist now it's just making the final decision and sticking with it!


It's been a long time coming but I'm properly enjoying the planning of it all now...roll on December! : )
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment