Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Saturday 19 March 2011

DIY Flowergirl Jewellery...

So...

I'd found and bought the perfect flowergirl dress with co-ordinating jacket, wings and wand, all I needed now was some jewellery.

In my head I had a clear idea of what I was looking for (story of my life lol) and I started looking before last Christmas thinking that Monsoon etc would stock something with stars on for kids. My hunt has continued until now...

After seeing a few of my tweeting friends have a go at making their  own jewellery I thought I'd do the same. I'm really pleased with the results and below you can see exactly how easy it was to make with my tutorial...

Flowergirl matching bracelet & necklace...
I first selected all of my supplies from a great haberdashery section in our local Fred Winter's - the little star beads came from ebay - total cost of supplies was just under £6.
I started by cutting a length of thread, I made sure this was twice as long as I actually needed so I had a bit to play with if it went wrong!! I then secured one half of the clasp to an end (I did this just by knotting so I apologise to the proper jewellery creators as this probably isn't the right way of doing it lol)



I then started to add my beads. I originally intended to go pearl, star, pearl, star alternately but it looked too much so simply unthreaded them and started again so it ended up looking like this...


I continued threading until reaching the desired length...


I then secured the last bead and attached the other half of the clasp. I then threaded the stray ends back through the beads to neaten off and also to add a bit more security to it. The finished article looks like this...


I then made a matching necklace in exactly the same way just making the length longer...


I now have a cute matching bracelet and necklace in exactly the design I wanted for my flowergirl!


I know it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I'm quite proud of my first go and amazed at how easy it was to do. I also had help from this little man...
 This is Douglas...he likes to be where there's something happening...cat help is optional ; )
I'd love to know what you all think, good or bad so please feel free to leave a comment below.

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment