Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Thursday 20 October 2011

Is it time for another update?...

It's been a while coming but I can actually see everything coming together now and it's exciting...so ridiculously exciting! So exciting, that if I think about it too much I start to feel sick, you know like you did as a kid before Christmas?!

Just me then? ; )

I've just spent this morning listing and sorting and listing and packing and listing everything. Yes, I'm a huge fan of lists as you may have already gathered, so much so that I'm going to share my updated "To Do..." list with you in a bit! You lucky lot!!

We now have boxes and boxes of stuff...24 to be precise. All neatly arranged into three piles - Church, Daytime & Evening. Hubstobe is going to think I've completely lost the plot when he gets home from work tonight lol.

So, the earlier mentioned updated "To Do..." list? It's here:


The Order of Service
  • meet with vicar to finalise hymns, readings & Order of Service (21st Sept)
  • order 10 extra blanks 
  • order paper for inserts
  • make up extras
  • print inserts
  • assemble them 

The Church
  • give readers copies of their readings
  • type up & print 'posh' copies for the day
  • finish pew end decorations
  • sort confetti bags & orders of service into baskets for 'bride' or 'groom'
  • pay for church 

Daytime Reception
  • decide on cupcake designs
  • finalise and put names on table plan
  • fill favour boxes
  • print labels for favour boxes
  • write names on placecards
  • sort all bits into a box for each table
  • make up pom poms for wall
  • print photos for wall
  • assemble 'bunting' for wall
  • make up pom poms for vases on top table, cake table & guest book table
  • paint stems on stars for above vases
  • draw up layout of room and give to wedding co-ordinator
  • buy ribbons for wall display
  • buy pegs for wall display 
  • make up pom poms for tables
  • paint welcome sign 
  • buy frames for welcome table
  • print photos for welcome table
  • print inserts for menu's and assemble them 
  • buy decorations for reception xmas tree 

Evening Reception
  • paint signs for dress up box
  • type up 'instructions' for dress up box to go in frame
  • buy a few more hats for dress up box
  • put sweets into jars for candy store
  • label jars
  • sort items into separate boxes 
  • find a dress up box
  • pay for DJ
  • paint frame for dress up box
  • pegs for dress up 'smile' bunting 

Photographer
  • arrange meeting to discuss ideas etc
  • pay for photographer


Other Bits
  • complete gift list at John Lewis
  • make up H2B's waistcoat
  • paint 'thank you' sign
  • buy gifts for best man, ushers, bridesmaids, flower girl, parents & readers
  • pay for car



See! There really isn't a lot left to do at all so, fingers crossed, the three days I have off work before the big day will hopefully be spent pampering and generally enjoying the excitement of the build up...I did say fingers crossed!!
; )

I'm feeling quite calm about it all now it's all been listed and sorted - if only you could see how anal I have been lol - so I can now look forward to the things we've got happening before the big day...

  • supporting hubstobe in the Birkett Relay 6hr race at Silverstone
  • bonfire night & fireworks (I'm such a kid!) 
  • my hen weekend...woooohoooo!!!
  • hubstobe's graduation ceremony
  • christmas shopping
And on that note I'm off to write up my list for the reception co-ordinator : )
Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment