Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Thursday 28 April 2011

BBQ, booze & bollywood...Kezrob's fab hen weekend!

Let me introduce Kezrob to you all...

I met Kez through my other half, he went to school with her very-soon-to-be-husband (2 weeks tomorrow...*squuueal*) so I've known her for nearly three years, but feels so much longer - in a very good way!! I was honoured to be invited along to her hen weekend last Friday/Saturday/Sunday and what a fab weekend it was!

I'd been looking forward to it for so long (work hasn't been great for a long time and I was in need of a break for my own sanity!) so I was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations...how wrong was I?!

I was picked up from work on the Friday afternoon and three of us made our way to a beautiful huge house in Symonds Yat West. The views were out of this world, the sun was shining and it was hot...I'd have been happy to just sit there and do nothing for the next two days! Unfortunately the Asda delivery just didn't turn up on the friday evening...I know the bridesmaids who had put so much hard work into organising it were disappointed but they needn't have been it just meant we all dug into our extra supplies we'd bought and shared them out and got to know each other a bit better over a drink or two...ok five or six!

I went to bed feeling rather tipsy, thanks to Imo and her rather potent vodka, gin & lemonade cocktails, but excited about the day ahead of which Kez knew nothing about!

We woke to more sunshine on the Saturday morning and a trip to the local Kingstone Brewery we were apparently the first hen party they'd had visit! The beer was yummy (purchased a bottle for my h2b who was home finishing his dissertation) the sun was shining and the food laid on for us at lunchtime was amazing...fresh greek salads, homemade pittas, houmous, freshly bbq'd chicken kebabs and the bestest, bestest potato wedges I have had in my life...fact!

This was followed by a lazy afternoon sitting in the sunshine putting the world to rights over a cider slushy (yes that's right...cider on draught like a slush puppy...fabulous!) before returning to Holly Tree House for a yummy BBQ laid on by Kez's fabulous bridesmaids.

Sunday was perhaps my most favourite day of the weekend...a Bollywood dance lesson! I absolutely love dancing and being part of a group learning a dance so I was in my element! We'd all dressed up in sari's and fancy dress for the occasion too. We're all now frantically trying to rehearse so it's perfect for Kez's big day when we 'perform' at the reception!

It was a truly fantastic weekend, if my hen weekend is half as good as this I will be a very happy hen! Over to you Kez & Imo...no pressure! ; )

Jai-ho! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment