Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Sunday 17 April 2011

Silver Daisy's amazing bouquets!

I mentioned before in one of my previous posts the amazing service I'd received from smaller businesses when I first started planning our wedding. Ever since my stunningly beautiful bouquet arrived I've been meaning to feature the wonderful Gillian at Silver Daisy

I came across Silver Daisy in the very first wedding magazine I bought and immediately fell in love with the bouquet in the advert and the idea of being able to keep it forever.

I'm not sure why but I talked myself out of it for a while - what will everyone think if I have 'pretend' flowers? So, I got a few quotes from florists who, quite frankly, wanted to charge the earth for flowers that would simply die in a day or two. I didn't ask for anything fussy just a simple hand-tied posy of ivory roses for me and three ivory rose wrist corsages for my bridesmaids - the cheapest quote for my bouquet alone came back at £95! And although I was happy to pay this if this was the going rate I didn't love it as much as I loved Gillian's creations.

In January of this year I visited the Silver Daisy website again and finally decided that I was going to have to have one of these bouquets, no matter what! Nothing else was going to come close...however, Gillian had only gone and made it more difficult to decide by adding more gorgeous designs...dilemma!!
I decided to be practical about it, I didn't want anything too wide so I narrowed it down to my two favourites and emailed Gillian regarding their sizes. She couldn't have been more helpful and I decided on the 'Lilac & Lavender Daisy & Roses Bouquet' in black. Yes black, my bridesmaids are wearing black and have ivory flowers so I wanted to have the opposite to tie it all together.

And I'm so glad I did! It's quite simply STUNNING! Would you like to see a photo?...




Ok, I know this is teasing but I had to show you how beautifully packaged your bouquet arrives...I was squealing with excitement to open my box and find a hat box in my actual wedding colours and that was before I opened it and saw what was inside...
This is my ACTUAL bouquet and isn't it beautiful? I absolutely LOVE it and have to keep getting it out of it's box to have a peak...well December's a loooong time away!! And look at this...
Each bouquet comes with a blue crystal heart attached so you'll always have your 'something blue'!

After deciding on 'pretend' flowers for me I then decided that this would be a great idea for the bridesmaids too. I wanted them to wear wrist corsages so that they hadn't got to worry about carrying something all the time and it left them with two hands to sort my dress, veil etc when I get out the car at church. Real flowers can easily get damaged, squashed, knocked etc so I contacted Gillian again who was only too pleased to help. I ordered three of her ivory rose wrist corsages which she very kindly personalised for me with a black crystal bracelet and black swarovski crystals & ribbons...


Aren't they beautiful? I'm so pleased with them all and can't wait to show them off on the day.

If like me, you're looking for a bouquet to keep then I can highly recommend Gillian at Silver Daisy. She does all sorts from crystal bouquets to mini top hats, tiaras and corsages. The prices are extremely reasonable for the amount of work that goes into each beautifully created piece, they range from £10 for a single crystal flower up to £250 for a large drop bouquet but most of them come in at less than £100 and you've got them forever.

I asked Gillian if I could feature her on my blog, she very kindly said I could and sent me a few words, here's what she has to say...


"I started Silver-Daisy after my own wedding.   I was really disappointed with the lack of service some companies gave me once they had my money.   I combined my love of art and flowers together and the result was Silver-Daisy.   I wanted to create a customer experience that stood out from the competition and also provide unique products that were a bit different.
I love the reaction of my clients when they receive their finished order; it makes it worth all the hard work.  I hope to grow Silver-Daisy in the future without losing that personal touch, all too often companies forget that customer recommendation is the best advertisement you can get.
My aspirations for Silver-Daisy for the future are to continue to expand the range into some bridal outlets and then eventually to run my own shop."
To have a look at more of Gillian's wonderful creations visit her gallery and to see what bride to be's (including me!) have to say have a peak at the testimonials page.

I really can't thank Gillian enough for such beautiful flowers for our big day! Thank you! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment