Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Friday 5 August 2011

The FINAL draft of the 'TO DO' list...

I have a habit of writing lists and losing them lately so I figured if I put it on here I'd always know where it is and how much there is left to do.

I'm a bit (ok a lot) anal when it comes to lists, I make lists for EVERYTHING so I apologise now for the stupidly ridiculous detail I'm likely to go in to. However, in my defence I seem to have a brain like a sieve at the moment, so if you're one of our guests reading this, it's only because I want you to have as good a day as hopefully we will! ; )

Right then, the list...

The Order of Service
  • meet with vicar to finalise hymns, readings & Order of Service (21st Sept)
  • order 10 extra blanks 
  • order paper for inserts
  • make up extras
  • print inserts
  • assemble them 

The Church
  • give readers copies of their readings
  • type up & print 'posh' copies for the day
  • finish pew end decorations
  • sort confetti bags & orders of service into baskets for 'bride' or 'groom'
  • pay for church 

Daytime Reception
  • decide on cupcake designs
  • finalise and put names on table plan
  • fill favour boxes
  • print labels for favour boxes
  • write names on placecards
  • sort all bits into a box for each table
  • make up pom poms for wall
  • print photos for wall
  • assemble 'bunting' for wall
  • make up pom poms for vases on top table, cake table & guest book table
  • paint stems on stars for above vases
  • draw up layout of room and give to wedding co-ordinator
  • buy ribbons for wall display
  • buy pegs for wall display 
  • make up pom poms for tables
  • paint welcome sign 
  • buy frames for welcome table
  • print photos for welcome table
  • print inserts for menu's and assemble them 
  • buy decorations for reception xmas tree 

Evening Reception
  • paint signs for dress up box
  • type up 'instructions' for dress up box to go in frame
  • buy a few more hats for dress up box
  • put sweets into jars for candy store
  • label jars
  • sort items into separate boxes 
  • find a dress up box
  • pay for DJ
  • paint frame for dress up box
  • popcorn
  • pegs for dress up 'smile' bunting 

Photographer
  • arrange meeting to discuss ideas etc
  • pay for photographer


Other Bits
  • complete gift list at John Lewis
  • make up H2B's waistcoat
  • paint 'thank you' sign
  • buy gifts for best man, ushers, bridesmaids, flower girl, parents & readers
  • pay for car

OMG! I think that's everything! I know exactly what I'm like though and I'll probably keep thinking of bits to add to it.
As we complete bits I will cross them off, and maybe throw in a couple of tutorials for the creative bits!

Oh well, 18 weeks today...

eeeek ; )

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I remember having HUGE lists like this... You gotta love a list! Happy ticking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I do love a good list! I'm dreadful though, I came to edit it just now and ended up adding as many more as I crossed off! xxx

    ReplyDelete