Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Friday 5 August 2011

Never underestimate the power of Twitter...

Last week our wedding photographer sadly had to cancel due to serious health problems. Cue me going into panic mode, bridezilla rearing her ugly head and neither of us knowing where to start. Just when we thought everything was sorted and all that was left to do was count down until the big day arrives!

I hadn't even thought about asking twitter for help, I just used it to share the unfortunate situation. It was only when the lovely chocolate blush asked if I wanted her to retweet my original 'oh no our wedding photographer's canceled' tweet that I began to realise how much help twitter was!

Within as little as five minutes I had hundreds, and I mean hundreds, of 'friends' retweeting, photographers names being put forward and photographers asking if they could help. It got so manic that H2B had to physically take my phone off me at midnight and tell me to get some sleep...I just couldn't keep up with replying to everyone. I think I managed to thank everyone a couple of days later but apologies if I didn't...thank you!

Our photographer dilemma was sorted within two days, step forward Andy Baines of b72 imaging
He has well and truly come to our rescue and I can't thank him enough, his work is AMAZING and I'm so excited about what he's going to create for us on the day.

So, if you're ever looking for help or advice in any shape or form head on over to twitter, someone, somewhere, will know someone or know someone that knows someone who will be able to help.

I can now get back to counting down ; )

18 wks and 1 day...

No comments:

Post a Comment