Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Friday 14 January 2011

First dance dilemma...

I thought we'd got it sorted, we'd found a song we both agreed on and liked and the words are beautiful.
And it's by my beloved Take That!

There's only one problem...

How do we dance to it?! The more I listen to 'Rule the World' the more I convince myself it's too tricky. I'm dreading it anyway, I absolutely hate being the centre of attention and will quite happily blend into the background at any event. However, as mother-in-law keeps pointing out I'm going to have to get used to people looking at me : s

So...
We're in a quandary...do we stick with 'Rule the World' and shuffle awkwardly at the re-e-e-ea-a-ally slow bits or do we look for something else that's perhaps a bit easier to move to. There's a part of me that is happy just to shuffle but there's an equal (if not slightly bigger) part of me that really wants to come in and bust a few moves to really surprise people lol! I'm sat here chuckling to myself at imagining our guests faces!!

That's never going to happen though, H2B really doesn't want to do a full on routine and I won't push him to, it's his day as much as mine and I want him to feel comfortable with whatever we decide on doing. So we're back to the dilemma of what song?!

I've come up with a bit of a short list...

Take That - Rule the World
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Elton John - Something about the way you look tonight
Otis Redding - These arms of mine
Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses (perfect to waltz to)

or just to throw one completely out there...

Do you love me? from Dirty Dancing...I love this song and it'd be hilarious doing a routine to this!

Let me know your thoughts...I'm off to ponder xx

No comments:

Post a Comment