Hello!

Welcome to 'One year to go...'! This is my story of our trip up the aisle starting with all the planning and a year to go!

Thursday 13 January 2011

Let the weight battle commence!...

I've done it!
I've taken the plunge!

I've joined Weight Watchers online!

I had to do something, I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and it's been really getting me down. Despite hubbytobe telling me "You're not fat!" and "I love you as you are!" I feel it, I feel disgusting some days and that's not good!

I've already had my eyes opened in the first few minutes of signing up and starting to track todays food. I am literally AMAZED at how many points are in milk! I love my milk and I only drink semi-skimmed so thought I was being healthier, but on totting up what I would usually drink in a day it equates to 7 points that's almost a third of my daily allowance!! I'm now sat here with a cup of hot water as opposed to my usual gingerbread latte...and I guess that's where I've been going wrong, over Christmas I was having them almost daily...well no more!!

Don't get me wrong I hold nothing against ladies that are happy larger but I'm not one of those girlies. I've been really miserable about it and I finally WANT  to do something about it, for me, not anyone else, just me.

Weight Watchers seems a great way to do it for me too. I'm one of those people that as soon as I hear the word 'diet' I think "Ooh I can't have that & I can't have that" and I just end up persuading myself that I need it, even though nine times out of ten I don't and I'm not even hungry...crazy!!

But with Weight Watchers I don't have to deprive myself of anything just simply count it in my days allowance. So, straight away I'm feeling better about it because there isn't anything I have to force myself to go without and it's even more daft that because I can have it I probably won't want it as often...work that one out lol!

I've also chosen the option where they set you small, regular but achievable goals of 5% weight loss each time. I figured if the goals were smaller I'd achieve more and be more motivated to go onto the next. I know it will take longer to lose the weight in total but I'll have more chance of keeping it off this way. Last new year I did a three day detox and survived on nothing but water, grapes & celery...yes I lost half a stone in a week but it's all gone back on plus more once I started eating again!

For the first time in my entire life I'm actually looking forward to dieting...I'm officially weird! ; ) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment